Tuesday, June 14, 2011

My Next Step After This Quarter

           Learning English in the UCR Extension and living in the southern Califonia, I have a lot of opportunities to practice English and experience the American culture. I love this university and enjoy the campus. I love the weather in the southern Califonia. My wife will come here this Thursday. We have planned several trips in the break between the quarters.

           Between the quarters, my wife and I will attend several trips. First, we would like to have a trip to San Francisco with my friends, who will come here from Taiwan next week. Next, we planned to have a trip to Las Vegas by bus for previewng then to drive by car for details. Futhermore, we will go to Disneyland and Sea World, Hollywood Ave. by car.

            After this quarter, I plan to take the IOF for next quarter. For most of  the Asian students, the speaking and listening abilities are weaker than the other students. I would like to utilize the last quarter for me to enhance my speaking and listening abilities. I hope that I will have more leisure time next quarter, so that I will be able to spend the time to take care of my wife and travel with her.

             At the beginning, I planed to stay here for three quarters. Now I have changed my plan to two quarters, because I have to help my wife teach my kid, who will be at the third year in the elemantary school. The courses will be too hard for my wife to teach. I have to go back to my country after the summer.

             All friends, you can contact with me by this blog or e-mail if necessary. Maybe you would like to visit my city for a short term. Maybe you have any question about Taiwan, mechanical engineering. Feel free to contact with me.

2 comments:

  1. It seems to me that you will have a busy vacation during this summer, so enjoy your trips because it is one way to improve the listening and speaking skills when you are keeping directly contact with the same American culture. Listening and speaking are the same problem that I have, so I have tried to watch more movies, and my father push me to speak English because he speaks English very fluently. However, I speak Spanish when I stay at home with my family, so this a serious problem for me to improve my listening and speaking skills in English.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The best wishes to you. I hope you will have a great time here. I love here and I also believe that I should stay here for a longer time. If I have a chance to come here again,I will come without hesitation. I think your English is very good now. I should learn more from you. I am going to leave here. To be honest, I am really very reluctant to leave here. I hope you can cherish opportunity and I believe that you will reach your goal.I feel very honored to be your classmate. Thank you very much for your help. I will miss you very much when I come back to China.

    ReplyDelete